As our name implies, coaching leaders is the centerpiece of our broad range of services. Several decades before “coaching” was in vogue, Dr. Murray Bowen, the eminent psychiatrist, talked about the important place of a coach in helping motivated individuals improve their relationship functioning.
At Leadership Coaching, Inc., we view coaching as a delivery system for better thinking, smarter decisions and more mature relationships. We offer coaching to four primary audiences: management and partnership teams, individual executive leaders, large groups and family businesses.
New management teams or experienced teams seeking higher levels of competence and collaboration can benefit substantially from a customized coaching relationship.
Leadership Coaching, Inc. offers customized leadership development processes that meet two goals:
- Help executive team members build stronger relationships with each other
- Help each leader more skillfully develop his or her direct reports
Four specific steps are employed to meet these goals:
- Individual, confidential leadership and culture assessment interviews are conducted with members of the management team, using pre-determined questions designed to accurately understand team dynamics and specific leadership improvement needs
- The interview data is analyzed and summarized in a written leadership assessment report that is presented to the team; specific next steps are discussed
- A customized leadership development process is designed, based on the interview data and the endorsement of the management team; the process typically involves some combination of interactive group sessions and individual coaching
- The leadership development process is implemented over the course of 6-24 months
Leadership Coaching, Inc. specializes in the individual coaching of top-level leaders. Our primary clients are presidents, CEOs, COOs, VP-level executives, owners, managing partners, executive directors, superintendents, and other senior-level leaders.
The coaching process is customized according to each individual’s focus and timetable, ranging from immediate crisis consulting to regularly-scheduled monthly or quarterly sessions. The preferred format for coaching consultations is face-to-face, although geographical and scheduling challenges may make telephone consultations more practical.
Executives often ask how the coaching process works. All sessions are kept strictly confidential and the person being coached supplies the “agenda” for each session. Our experienced coaches function as expert listeners, careful observers and challenging questioners in a way that helps you, the client, maintain responsibility but with deeper insight, clarity, maturity and courage.
Coaching relationships typically begin with an exploratory telephone conversation, which itself is confidential and without obligation. Telephone consultations can be arranged through Heidi Kroft.
Leadership Coaching, Inc. consultants are seasoned and dynamic public speakers for audiences ranging from small groups to large gatherings. Our presentations are anchored by mind-stretching content focused on leadership maturity, relationship management and the specifics of world-class coaching.
Industry association conventions
Keynote addresses at national/regional conferences
Small-group facilitation for industry leaders
Professional firms (law, engineering, medicine, accounting)
Family business leaders
Human resource professionals
The Science of Leadership
New Rules for Family Feuds, Workplace Conflicts and International Diplomacy
Managing Relationship Challenges
Over-Functioning Leaders and Learned Helplessness
Emotional Maturity in Leadership
How Family Upbringing Shapes Leadership
Leadership Lessons from Nature
The Purpose and Functions of Leadership
Challenge: The Food of Maturity
How to Deliver a Difficult Message
Coaching and Mentoring: Four Key Skills
Managing Self: Your First Responsibility
Raising Responsible Children (For Couples)
The emotional attachment in all families – even those that seem distant and aloof – makes it challenging to gain objectivity about work and relationship issues in the family business. Both the business and the family benefit from the calm neutrality and good thinking provided by an experienced, outside coach.
Leadership Coaching, Inc. assists business-owning families and non-family managers in their efforts to:
- Keep family relationships as healthy as possible
- Address leadership succession
- Assist the founder in personal life planning “beyond the business”
- Openly and candidly discuss important yet sensitive issues
- Help emerging leaders develop high-caliber leadership skills
Our family business coaching is based on some of the best thinking and clinical studies in the world. Our coaches bring years of experience to every engagement, keeping the work practical and stimulating. All services are customized to the specific situations and needs of each family business.